A Dermatologist specializes in conditions involving the skin, hair, and nails. A dermatologist can identify and treat more than 3,000 conditions. These conditions include eczema, psoriasis, and skin cancer, among many others.
If you were to watch a dermatologist at work on any given day, you might see them:
- Treat a baby’s prominent birthmark that threatens the child’s eyesight
- Remove a mother’s deadly melanoma at its earliest, most treatable stage
- Offer relief for a student whose chronic eczema makes sleep nearly impossible
- Diagnose the life-threatening liver condition causing a grandfather’s unbearable itching
- Treat the hair loss of a young woman, helping her gain the confidence to complete a job search